Social Media Communications Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs funding program)
Reports to: Executive Director, Foundation
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed facility specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health.
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Foundation is looking for a team player to perform a variety of interactive multi-media tasks, as well as some administrative and clerical tasks related to fundraising and public relations. If you are a self-motivated team player who thrives in a flexible work environment with endless opportunities to take initiative and make an impact, this position may be for you.
- Develop an annual social media strategic plan
- Assist in drafting, designing and editing communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, marketing materials, social media posts)
- Source video content and spotlight pieces for social media and website release
- Meet with various staff, patients, families, and volunteers to develop engaging social media content
- Research relative national and international Health Promotion days to highlight on social media
- Assist in maintaining web content and increasing web presence
- Execute and maintain social media strategies
- Collect and update databases and media lists
- Maintain positive relations with all stakeholders, donors, sponsors, and volunteers
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Foundation team
- Collaborate with the Foundation team on integrating projects into existing initiatives
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc)
- Experience creating and executing social media strategic plans
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Suite
- Must possess research and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently, possess organizational skills and attention to detail skills sufficient to maintain a high level of accuracy while meeting all required deadlines
- Must possess a high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, adaptability and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must possess interpersonal and human relation skills sufficient to establish positive working relationships with managers, staff, patients, families, public, vendors, and sponsors
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of Hotel Dieu Shaver Foundation
- English language verbal communication skills sufficient to understand and communicate detailed instructions, directions and procedures clearly to internal and external stakeholders
- English language literacy skills sufficient to complete and review documentation, promotional materials, adhoc reports and more
- Holds a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation as some travel is required
- Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) is an initiative of the Summer Work Experience program. It provides wage subsidies to employers to create employment for secondary and post-secondary students.
- To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations.
Required for complete application: Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.