Employment Type: Full time - One Year Contract with pension and benefits
Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Foundation raises and manages funds for patient-care equipment, education, specialty clinics, and improvements to treatment areas to support exemplary patient care at Hotel Dieu Shaver.
Donors play an important role in the health care provided in our communities. HDS Foundation relies on the generosity of the community to help meet the needs of patients at Hotel Dieu Shaver since funding from the government does not support the purchase of capital equipment.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development Officer is an active member of Hotel Dieu Shaver Foundation’s professional fundraising team, raising funds and awareness through a variety of programs.
The Foundation is poised to enter an exciting period that will transform rehabilitation and complex care healthcare in the community in the years to come.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Communications and Digital:
- Develop and maintain engagement and social media calendars in collaboration with Hotel Dieu Shaver Communications Department
- Create content for a variety of social media platforms, print, radio and television
- Contribute to the development of social media and digital communications strategies
- Ensure Foundation website content is accurate and up to date
- Coordinate content and production for direct mail, newsletters, reports and other publications
- Coordinate and write grateful patient and donor impact stories for print and online content
- Create content for social media, website and mailers
- Assist other Foundation staff with HDSF managed events through the production of marketing materials, promotions and website content
- Manage third party events and relationships to ensure proper organization of event and stewardship of donor relationship
- Write grant proposal submissions and reporting back to granting organizations
- Participate in stewardship activities including thank you calls, sponsorship reports and donor communication
- Conduct prospect and industry research as required to complete portfolio tasks
- Ensure accurate tracking of all donor information within Raiser’s Edge
- Other duties as assigned to support HDSF
- Completion of a degree from a recognized university and at least five to seven years of related experience in fundraising/special events in a healthcare environment
- Experience with event coordination
- Expertise with MS Office, digital communications and website management. Familiarity with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Significant knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database an asset
- High level of initiative and strong goal orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to meet multiple deadlines and produce a high quality of work
- Demonstrated self-confidence, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, donors, volunteers, physicians, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved with HDSF is valuable
- Strong communicator
- Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every colleague, donor and volunteer with understanding and kindness and responds appropriately to the needs of self and others
- Must be flexible to work non-traditional work hours that might include evenings and weekends based on operational needs
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle as some travel may be required
- A signed confidentiality agreement is required
Hotel Dieu Shaver Foundation
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Closing Date: May 31, 2021
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their reply and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.